All photos were taken with a Fuijifilm X-T2 digital camera
Tel: +960 664 4100
North American Hotline:
(Toll free from the USA and Canada. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
With crystal clear waters as blue as the ocean can be, the Maldives is one of the best places in Asia for a relaxing beach resort getaway. If you’re thinking of going, go! The Maldivian Islands have the lowest elevation in the world and with rising ocean levels, scientists predict they will be completely submerged in about 30 years. Anantara Dhigu is the best island for families, the island next door, Veli, only allow adults on the island until 6pm so its perfect for couples, especially honeymooners. There are many different types of rooms you can stay at here; over water villas, over water villa with pool (the most expensive type of rooms they have, but it’s totally worth it), beach villas, pool villas, and two bedroom beach or pool villas for those with big families.
- The service is extremely good, the staff is very friendly and accommodating
- Beautiful oceans and plentiful ocean wild life
- The room cleaning staff really take their time to make sure your room is spotless
- Quiet and relaxing
- Many varieties of water sports you can rent at the Aquafanatics rental shop
- Several restaurants available to you on the island, all different types of food
- You can take a short two-minute boat shuttle ride to the next island also owned by Anantara, called “Veli”
- Free Wi-Fi!
- Complimentary kayak rental for two hours
- Barely rains, but when it does it’s only for a short period of time
- Only a 35 minute boat ride away from Male Airport (a.k.a Ibrahim Nasir International Airport), the hotel will pick you up from the airport free of charge
- Everything is in USD just in case you don’t want to change your money to the Maldivian currency
- The corals in the ocean aren’t colourful, they’re dull and grey coloured even though they’re alive
- Most of the fish blend in with the corals, you don’t find many colourful ones
- There’s not much to do, a three-day stay is good enough without getting bored
- Because you’re on an island and there’s no where else to go, everything is super expensive, especially water sport rentals and food. They really jack those prices up
- Most of the staff aren’t native English speakers, so they may have a bit of trouble. Personally, I didn’t find it a problem because their English was good enough but there were a few mixed up food orders.
- It’s very difficult to get a booking at the spa (even at those prices)
- Getting to the Maldives itself is quite a tedious journey, unless you’re living in India or Singapore. (Plan an extra two days for travel; one day to get there, another day to leave)
- Its like every other resort, so if you’re from America or Europe, don’t bother coming all this way, the Caribbean is the same thing.
Beach and Ocean: 8/10
Price: 5/10 (for the extra things like the food, rentals, etc), 8/10 (for the rooms, it could be a bit cheaper but still quite reasonable)